Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: New film-makers...

  1. #21
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Despin, you might be narrowing the definition of the word "vision" more than those whom you think you disagree with.

    Vision can be nothing more than having a title in mind and then shooting whatever you think might be fun in that regards.

    Does Shooting teach one anything if they never edit the footage?

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 11, 2003 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

  2. #22
    Inactive Member belovedmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2003
    Posts
    554
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yes becos continuity and editing between shots is totaly different to composition and lighting and the other things you can learn from shooting... thats why you have people who are called editors and people who are called DPs.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can't remember the exact amount of beer consumed during that escapade--However, I do remember drinking a lot that day.

    Good Luck

  4. #24
    Inactive Member thelaughingduck2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2003
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm only 15, but I've already written two feature scripts. Whether they're good or not is yet to be seen (I write a story that would interest me, not with a specific adueince in mind)

    Yes, I have a goal. I hope that by the time I'm 30 I would have made a movie, and a movie that people will like.

    For now? Well, Robert Rodriguez didn't make El Maraichi straight away did he, so as it stands, I'm just trying to do a lot of stuff.

    I am going to get a camcroder, adn try a few different things, an 'action' movie, a horror, **** , I might even try comedy.

    Even if they don't have a particular vision, for now, it's about getting experiance.

    I'll bother with the deep vision thing later.

  5. #25
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by thelaughingduck2001:
    I am going to get a camcodder, and try a few different things, an 'action' movie, a horror, **** , I might even try comedy.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good.

    Originally posted by thelaughingduck2001:
    Even if they don't have a particular vision, for now, it's about getting experiance.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What does "Particular" vision have to do with vision? The word Vision should not be bundled with the word Visionary. The Word Vision allows for a lot of latitude.

    Originally posted by thelaughingduck2001:
    I'll bother with the deep vision thing later.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">"Deep" Vision.

    No, just having a vision is all that I'm suggesting.

  6. #26
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [quote]Originally posted by miker:
    In my opinion lighting continuity is by far the most important to keep a grip on. Any other continuity error is easy to hide in the rhythm of the edit.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would have been a great contribution to the mis en scene discussion from a couple of weeks ago.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member emjen's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    747
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Having a great vision and lots of fun doesn't mean people will like your stuff though.
    I think a big aspect with filmmaking is that you're making the film not for yourself, but for others to view. If you'd be making that film only for yourself because you'd be following your own vision, you really woulnd't have to make that film in the first place. You already have that vision. I think, with visions in your films, you want to show 'the truth' to others. And you're doing it YOUR way, because it is YOUR vision. People might agree or disagree, but if you've done it right, they'll at least acknowledge yours.

    Kicking balls might seem silly to some, but to others it might show the truth about not taking responsibility for your actions. If the filmmaker's vision was that you should just laugh, no matter what, and all that was happening in his film was people kicking each other in the nuts, then, uh, hmm, yes.... what?

    Am I making a point? Oh, my point: it's hypocrite to say you're just making your own vision for your own self, because the intention of film is to show it to OTHERS.

  8. #28
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey that's deep.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member untamed_aggression's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2001
    Posts
    679
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just enjoying what you're doing and enjoying watching other people enjoying what you've done
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is the best thing that's been said so far.

  10. #30
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Untamed Aggression:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Just enjoying what you're doing and enjoying watching other people enjoying what you've done
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is the best thing that's been said so far.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Unless you just made Saving Private Ryan, lol

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •